10 Things Every Man Cave Needs
A man cave is a special place where a person can really truly feel safe, relaxed, and at home. It is the epitome of personal space but is also a special place to bring guests too. If you have finally decided to start creating your own man cave here are ten things to keep in mind.
– While many man caves have no theme and still do their owners well, some of the best man caves in the world have a theme that makes the place special and unique. Examples of great themes include caves dedicated to your favourite sports team or movie. Perhaps you create a cave entirely dedicated to sound by incorporating great speakers, music, and artists into your theme. Or maybe you are an outdoors person with an interest in wild game and leather-bound books. The list can go on forever. Ultimately this is up to your creativity.
Big Screen TV
– Almost all man caves have a big T.V. Perhaps this is against the philosophy of your design and theme but for many ideas including a nice sized screen into the mix makes for a great room. The screen is not just for you, it is for guests, for sporting events, for celebrations, and so much more. If you aren’t good at coming up with a theme budget out a nice sized screen.
– If there is one thing all man caves seems to incorporate regardless of theme or size it is some sort of bar or beverage area. The bar is a great congregating area and an awesome way to relax and show your hospitality to guests.
– Whether its comfy couches, animal skinned chairs, or theatre seats, having great seating is a lot of fun and one of the best ways to help incorporate a theme into your cave. Consider the size of your room and whether or not you plan on having guests when creating a man cave.
A Gaming Table
– Gaming tables don’t just have to be pool tables (even though their awesome). You can use poker tables, Ping-Pong tables, or maybe you have a pinball machine. The point of the gaming table is having something interactive to do when you are not alone.
– Some of the coolest man caves have some of the best libraries. Let’s face it libraries are sweet. Some of the most influential awesome people in history spent countless hours studying, reading, and writing in their library. This is not just a place of learning either. You can keep comics, magazines, and other materials in your library making your cave that much more fun.
– The single biggest sign of a theme is the collector’s item. Nothing is cooler than that one piece (or multiple) of memorabilia that really astounds everybody. Great caves have incorporated everything from sports items, to cars, even to wine and cigar collections.
– You’re going to want to include space for food. And not just any food this is where your best stuff. Boxes of Meat Sticks, ice-cream, Beef Jerky, frozen pizza or any food that makes you happy be sure to make room for.
– You’ve all seen it and wanted to do the same thing… you walk into your cave with a guest clap your hands and all of sudden awesome lights turn on revealing your cave and the music starts. Lights are awesome and being creative with them is even cooler. If you really want to build the ultimate man gave you need to be smart about lighting.
– Finally but very importantly make a room that has great sound. Maybe you build in surround sound or you dedicate your room to music and have the biggest best speaker anywhere. Sound is awesome and having the equipment to allow sound to make an impact makes your man cave that much better.
This post was written on behalf of Slim Jim. For